Headmaster: Mr S Maher
Manor Drive North
Surrey KT3 5PE
Tel: 020 8330 5947
Computer Science: Key Stage 3
- To understand how data of various types can be represented and manipulated in the form of binary digits including numbers, text, sounds and pictures, and be able to carry out such manipulations by hand.
- To understand at least two key algorithms for each of sorting and searching.
- To use two programming languages to create application, one of which is textual, each used to solve a variety of computational problems; use data structures such as lists and dictionaries; use procedures to write object oriented programs; for each procedure, be able to explain how it works and how to test it.
- To understand simple Boolean logic (such as AND, OR and NOT) and its use in determining the application and functionality inside the computer.
- To explain how instructions are stored and executed within a computer system.
- To undertake creative projects that involve selecting, using, and combining multiple applications across a range of devices, to achieve challenging goals, including collecting and analysing data and meeting the needs of known users.