The Tutor Group Prayer Books are provided each half term. They provide prayers which can be used as part of Collective Worship in Tutor time or in Assemblies.
They are divided into the weeks of that half term. Each week is given a theme which will reflect any important themes or feasts at that time. Each week has 5 prayers available and is designed to help with Collective Worship.
Prayer Booklets for this Academic Year:
Guide to Collective Worship
- Invitation – to mark the entry into prayer, like standing up and making the Sign of the Cross
- Clear Theme & Message – try to limit your material to one specific theme
- Balance of speech & silence (& music if appropriate) – try to vary the delivery of your theme to ensure that it appeals to as many as possible.
- Time for Quiet Reflection – give time for the audience to take in and reflect on the theme
- Prayer – both led and collective – there should be a prayer which links in the theme, and an act of communal prayer such as the Our Father or Hail Mary.
- Clear links with Spiritual/Moral Development or Catholic Ethos – ensure that the theme is an appropriate one in line with the School’s Catholic Ethos, also where possible try to keep the theme in line with the Liturgical Calendar.
In addition, it is expected that the act of Collective Worship should:
- Be organised and well led
- Create an appropriate atmosphere
- Pupils should show respect & a good level of behaviour
Older Prayer Booklets