The school exists primarily to offer boys a Catholic education where their parents have expressed a wish for their sons to receive such an education. It is open for applications from all, regardless of religious affiliation, but the governing body will consider Catholic boys before others except where the admissions policy suggests differently. At sixth form the school accepts applications from girls as well as boys.
The school is managed by its Governing Body also known as Trustees or Directors. The Governing Body is made up as follows…
- Chair of Governors – Mr Mark Draper
- Foundation Governors appointed by the Archdiocese of Southwark for a 4 year period.
- Parent Governors are elected by parents of students at the school for 4 years.
- Staff Governors are elected by members of staff for 4 years.
- 1 Local Governor is appointed by the Governing Body.
- The Headteacher, Co-opted Governors and Associate Members complete the number of governors. Associate members do not have voting rights and are appointed by the governing body for a 2 year period.
The governing body has a number of committees established to carry out the bulk of its work and report back to the Governing Body. These are:-
- Finance, Audit and General Purposes:- Chair Mr John Sabourin
- Premises, Heath and Safety:- Chair Mrs Patricia O’Connell
- Personnel:- Chair Mrs Patricia O’Connell
- Curriculum:- Chair Mrs Nikki Cloudsdale
- Other committees which meet on an “as required” basis are Admissions and Discipline.
Business and Pecuniary Interests
All governors have signed that they have no business or pecuniary interests which could conflict with their role as a governor of Richard Challoner School.