Modern Foreign Languages Teachers
- Mrs H McAlonan (Subject Leader)
- Miss S Bravo
- Miss E Davies
- Miss L Noyau
- Mrs E Rosario
Key Stage 3
- Classroom routines
- The alphabet
- Numbers 1-100
- Days of the week and months of the year
- Festivals including Christmas, Halloween, Easter
- Classroom objects and instructions
- Likes and dislikes
- Where I live
- Simple descriptions of towns
- Pencil case
- Family and friends – descriptions
- Basic grammar including the present and future tenses
- Spanish and French speaking world
- My house
- Daily routine
- Sports and hobbies
- Review of a famous person
- Special sporting events
- Grammar including the present, future and past tenses
- Food and healthy eating
- Clothes and fashion
- Leisure and films
- Detailed study of a foreign language film followed by a written film review
- Special occasions and celebrations
- Detailed grammar including the past, present, future and conditional tenses
Key Stage 4
Key Stage 5 - A Level
SPANISH: A Level
We currently teach Spanish A-Level only and pupils wishing to take French at A-Level attend lessons at Holy Cross School.
Exam Board: AQA
Course Content: The knowledge of another modern foreign language develops our ability to communicate with others and provides us with an understanding of other people and cultures. If you are interested in languages and communication, then this course could be suitable for you. Similarly, if you are interested in the business world, in travel or tourism, or in journalism or the media, then you may also find this course appropriate.
You will develop a greater knowledge and understanding of the culture and way of life of the target-language country and you will examine in further detail all the topic areas covered in GCSE. You will develop the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing so that you can communicate at a higher level in Spanish as well as improve your general study skills.
Trips: we currently run a cinema trip to watch and discuss an Almodóvar film and Almodóvar’s key ideas in West London in the Autumn term. Both Year Groups 12 and 13 are currently studying the film Volver. There is also a trip for Year 13 pupils in the Autumn term to watch the Lorca play that they study, currently being shown on the South Bank.
Further details can be seen here on the AQA website.